Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Glittered Cinnamon Gingerbread Ornaments Recipe

 
Last year I made some Cinnamon Gingerbread ornaments, and loved the way they smelled. When I unwrapped them this year I could hardly believe just how good they still smelled. So I decided to make more this year to give as gifts. 

 
The glitter looks so pretty on the ornaments. I love the way it sparkles when the light hits them. I bought the fun Holiday Twine from Divine Twine that's used on my gingy ornaments.
 

Cinnamon Ornament Recipe

1 cup of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of ground cloves
2 tablespoons of ground nutmeg
1 cup of applesauce (I like to use cinnamon applesauce)
2 tablespoons of white glue
Mix ingredients until they come together to form a dough. I like to roll the dough out in-between 2 sheets of wax paper to make cleanup easier and quicker. This will make about 2 dozen ornaments depending on the size of the cookie cutters you use. I use a small straw from a kids drink (like juice boxes or Capri Sun) to make the hole to hang the ornaments. You can air dry your ornaments few days, turning at least a couple of times a day. If you prefer, you can bake in a 200 degree oven for about 2 hours. I found the air drying keeps the cinnamon ornaments a lighter color as opposed to baking them.
Once the ornaments are dried they just need ribbon or twine to hang on your tree. It's also fun to decorate them. This year I decided to glitter mine up. After using Mod Podge to add glitter to your ornaments, you will want them to air dry for another day. That way the glue smell will dissipate and the cinnamon fragrance will come through again. Be sure to clear the holes of any glue and glitter before allowing to dry, otherwise it will become difficult to string with ribbon later.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! These are adorable! I found your blog via pintrest and love your style!

    ReplyDelete